Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 23

Dear Friends and Family,

I was saddened to hear the news of Uncle Johnny's passing. It didn't really hit me until we drove away from emailing last week and I cried a little. I'm so glad I was able to see him before I left on my mission. He will always have a special place in my childhood memory. Send my love and condolences at his funeral. I'm so thankful for the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation. I know there is life beyond death and I know I will see him again.

I've been a little concerned/curious about things happening at home, but Sister Paredes shared this scripture (Doctrine and Covenants 31 http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/31?lang=eng; substitute your name at the beginning) which gave me great comfort and peace. I encourage you to read it!

Missionary work has been moving. We've been working hard and we've found four new investigators this week. Three investigators have set baptismal dates for next month. Please continue to pray for them that they will be receptive to the Spirit and continue to progress.

Our refrigerator died on us. It was awful. It sounded like an elephant lived in there. We couldn't sleep that night. The mission office provided us with a mini fridge, but it's hard to fit food for TWO people into a mini fridge. Anyways, someone from the stake has graciously donated one. They will deliver it later today.

We also had exchanges this week. We swapped companions with the Sister Trainer Leaders for 24 hours. Sister Riggs, she's from Alaska came to Sandy and Sister Paredes went to Riverton. I also went on a split with a sister from the ward while Sister Paredes was at training this week too.

I hope you're all doing well. Will lots of love and prayers.

Sister Olszowka


No comments:

Post a Comment