Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 20

Where to begin?! On Christmas eve Sister Paredes and I decorated a little Cypress tree that mom sent and put our presents underneath. We spent the evening at the Burich's home; it was Brother Burich's 89th birthday! Then we headed over to the Cline's which we read Luke Chapter 2 and sang a few carols. Sister Cline is from England and she made homemade eclairs! They have two kids out on missions. We really love and appreciate them.

Christmas was GREAT! I was able to Skype home and it was wonderful to talk to my family and see their smiling faces. The hour went quick, but I'm looking forward to the next skype call in May. hehe.

The rest of the week seemed a little long. We're in the process of finding new investigators. Although we have a bigger area now, I believe two square miles, no one has been home or is interested in hearing about the Gospel. Sister Chambers (Mission President's wife) called us and asked if she could come out with us on Saturday. We didn't have any appointments or lessons so what did we do? Knock on doors. Yes, two doors were slammed in my face, but weh! They're just not ready... yet. I've learned to take those kind of reactions lightly. Seriously. No need to get worked up about them. I sometimes ask myself why are people so scared of hearing/listening to  the missionaries? Because they know what we teach is true. Simple as that.

As 2013 comes to a close and I reflect back on the year. Wow. What a year it's been! So many GREAT and FUN memories to reflect upon. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father. I give thanks daily to Heavenly Father for everything I have and everything I am. He has blessed me and continues to bless me. I love my Savior and I'm grateful for the Atonement. May we all look forward to the new year and think of ways we can be more charitable, loving, kind and follow in Christ's footsteps.

My motto..."Think, live and act like Christ"

Love you all,
Sister Olszowka

Enjoy the photos!








No comments:

Post a Comment