Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 48

Hi Family!

We had a busy week of exchanges.

A miracle happen! While on exchanges we were headed to a less-active member's home and we saw a neighbor walking out. We chatted with her for a few minutes and then I asked her, "whom do you know that isn't a member that we could teach?" and she thought about it for a second, and said, "my niece, she's 10 and she lives in my basement." boom! miracle!

So we set up an appointment for yesterday, but unfortunately her aunt called and cancelled. This little girl doesn't receive a lot of support from her less active dad, so she said she didn't want to take the missionary lessons. So we were a little bummed yesterday, but its okay, it's all in the Lord's timing.

We also did some tracting (knocking on doors) in the new apartments in our area. No one was interested and mostly here from Arizona/Nevada for work.

As a missionary you come to realize you "plant seeds" that will one day be "harvested." I think about the people I've taught and how I'm not the first missionary they've met with. They've all have other encounters with members of church, perhaps they had a good friend who was a member that invited them to activities, someone was a good example, they came to a mission farewell, they saw missionaries riding their bikes etc.

All of these small interactions (seeds) lead people to desire to learn more about the restored gospel. They take the lessons, exercise faith, pray, repent, read the scriptures, come to church. They come to realize that the gospel is what they need in their in lives; they want to follow the Savior. They are ready to be baptized. People can change and I've seen it! I testify that living the gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed me and can bless YOU! :) check this out.

Well, my time is up. I love you all. Transfers are this week. We know for sure that Sister Swain and I are being split up. President has 6 sets of Sister Training Leaders (STL) and wants to utilize the leadership more so we're all being split and will train another sister who could potentially become a STL.

Oh! and the photo below is of the Curtis family, they're awesome! All future Sister Missionaries! We love them lots! :)

Sister Olszowka


No comments:

Post a Comment