Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 49

Hi!

Transfers came and went and guess what?! I'm still in South Jordan and  I'm training this transfer. Yup, I have the opportunity to train and new missionary. I haven't trained before, but I'm excited! My companion is Sister Prenatt, she's 26 and from West Virginia. She's been a member of the church for only a year and 5 months! She has a strong testimony of the restored gospel. I picked her up from the mission office on Wednesday and we've been working hard. Sister Swain was transferred to Sandy young single adults (18-30 yrs.) I joked with her saying, "eh! don't find your husband there!" and she replied with "shut up, don't say that." I said I was just joking, but no I was seriously. LOL!

Hmmm, let's see.

A miracle happened! We received a media referral from someone saying that they were a member of the church but things have happen in his life and he hasn't been to church in a while. So we went to contact the home, but no one was there. I felt impressed to text the number so I did and he responded! He's from China and hasn't been to church in 3 years, so we told him we were going to be at his ward and to look for us there. He showed up Sunday morning for 9am church and he expressed his desire to come back. The speakers were great and the spirit was strong.

In my studies this morning, I was reading from the book of 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. Here is what it said:

 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where mothand rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal;

 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

3 Nephi 13:19-21

I've been reflecting about how many people are of the world, they are materialistic. They're this pressure about having lots of money and lots of things. Yeah we need money to live and funtion, but we can live within our means. In all honest, I don't think we need much. Heavenly Father knows us. He knows our needs. The chapter continues to say....

 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.

3 Nephi 13: 32-34

So I invite all of you to think about what you're doing to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness. May we all strive a little more to be better people. Show obedience to our Heavenly Father by keeping the commandments. Turn to the Savior in times of help, I know I do this every day. Let's do all we can to follow the Savior.

I love you all! Until next week.

Sister Olszowka






No comments:

Post a Comment