Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 13

Aloha Friends and Family!

Transfer calls come in on Tuesday and then all missionaries move Wednesday morning. Well we got the call that Sister Dazey and I were both staying in our area. Which we were okay with since we're started teaching a new investigator, Nola. However on Wednesday morning we got a call that Sister Dazey was being transferred to Draper and Sister Allen was coming to Sandy! So yup, I have ANOTHER companion...my fourth companion in 3 months. I'm actually training this transfer. It's really common sense; I don't know why so many missionaries murmur about it.

Sister Allan is my new companion; she's been out a month and a half. She's from Layton, Utah. She's actually a trial missionary. What is a trial missionary?! I didn't know what that was until I got out here. Sister Allan has narcolepsy, she falls asleep at random times during the day, and she doesn't have a lot of energy. She's been doing pretty well so far. So a trial missionary serves for 3 months and at the end of that period they can decide to serve or not. If they are capable and are willing to serve then they'll get a call letter and serve the remaining months. So with that said, I'll probably stay in Sandy after this transfer because Sister Allan will be done with her trial mission. I really enjoy the Members and people I've met in Sandy. Especially Wendell, he told me I was his favorite. haha! Love that 88 year old!

We have a CAR to drive now! It's the newest of the fleet! A 2014 Chevrolet Cruze! It's alright, got nothing on my Honda CRV. haha! I was so excited to hear the news that we'd have a car and I would be the designated driver! I've missed driving soooo much! We share with the other sisters in our district.

We have two progressing investigators. Remember the one I told you about that dropped us? Yeah, we knocked on his door again and he agreed to let us come back and have another lesson with him! Pray that his heart will be softened. We also are teaching an older woman, Nola. There's a special fireside put on by the Temple Square Sisters in downtown Salt Lake and she agreed to go with us! I'll let you know how that goes, it's on Tuesday.

We came home on Tuesday evening to a nice surprise outside our door. The Young Women had left us with a huge stack of Book of Mormon with their testimonies inside and a huge care package. It was so thoughtful. We really appreciate and are thankful for the love and support we feel. We love them!

The mission office gave us a new microwave for our tiny basement apartment too! Thank goodness because the old one was 23 years old and not safe!
Well my time is up, but I love you all and remember to choose the right. Heavenly Father will bless you.

Love,
Sister Olszowka





No comments:

Post a Comment