Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Week 12

Happy November!! I hope you all had a wonderful week. This past week was really nice! On Halloween we went to the Jordan River Temple in South Jordan. It was a wonderful place to be. I love the temple and feel so fortunate that I can go while I'm on my mission. Halloween was my 3 month mark, but no one's counting right?! haha!

We had our baptism for our 88 year old man, Wendell. It went really well! There were so many people, we held it in the chapel and then moved over to the font to perform the ordinance. It was such a neat experience to be a part of his special day. Four other Sister Missionaries and I sang "Come Thou Fount," it's a really beautiful song. President Chamber's wife was able to stop by the baptism too. On a side note, Wendell personally knows Elder Holland and President Monson through business back in the day. Anyways, Elder Holland sent him a letter and our names were included!! I've attached photos. I felt pretty honored, an Apostle mentioned me. We love Wendell so much and can't wait to go to the temple with him and his family in a year.

Sister Lopez (pictured below) is Sister Crandell's companion, but she's awesome! We get along really well.

It was snowing yesterday morning! But it didn't stick.







No comments:

Post a Comment