Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Week 19

Mele Kalikimaka Family and Friends!

Transfers happened this past Wednesday and I have a new companion!!! Sister Paredes! She's from PARAGUAY!!!!! She's been out for two months originally in a Spanish assignment, but is now serving with me in an English assignment. She speaks VERY well and is so sweet! The other Sisters in our area were transferred to Herriman so that means we cover the whole stake now! Yes we cover 9 wards and we have the car full time! wahoo! No more walking in the snow. Actually I take that back, we still walk in the snow but not as much. Also when the cars are grounded we walk. We're still living in our cozy little apartment too.

Sister Allan got her mission call and I was able to be there when she opened her called. She's headed to Tempe Arizona! She reports January 1st 2014.

Here are a few snow photos. It snowed a lot this week and the cars were grounded so we had to walk. I love the way the trees look, but man! It's cold! We also went to a neighborhood party where we made s'mores! Sister Paredes has never had one!

On Sunday we walked into one of the new wards we cover and guess who was on the stand?!?! President Boyd K. Packer (President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) and Elder Allan Packer (A member of the Quorum of the Seventy)!! It was such a nice surprise to see them and to hear their words and counsel. Some of counsel given by President Packer was that "guilt is a disease and repentance is the cure." We all have access to the Atonement and we need to ask (through prayer) the Father in Christ's name to help us. We need to lay hold of repentance to be free of guilt and addiction. We don't need to carry them, the Atonement takes away our pains, afflictions, trials, etc. Family, prayer is so powerful. Pray unto the Father and I promise you that you'll receive answers and feel at peace. Lastly, President Packer mentioned, in order to be happy we need to be active in the church and read the Book of Mormon; it's a map and we can find ourselves in it. Family and friends, if you haven't been to church is a while, go to church. Church is a place for sinners and it's a new year, a new start! There's only 52 Sundays in the year and I know that when I go to church I feel so renewed and uplifted. I love the Gospel and I love my Savior. My faith and my testimony grow every day.

That's all for now.

Have a Merry Christmas! I love you all!

Sister Olszowka




No comments:

Post a Comment