Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 51

Happy August!

Well I made my year mark this past Wednesday. CHEE HOO!! :) I had a leadership meeting at the mission office all day, but it was great! I saw Sister Swain and she's doing really well in her new area. Crazy how this time last year I was sitting in the MTC learning more about the gospel and how to be an effective missionary. Now it's the final push, 6 months left. My time to completely serve the Lord is so short, 18 months. I then have the rest of my life to reflect on what I've done. Did I do my best? I know that what I've learned and what I'm continuing to learn will influence the rest of my life. My testimony in the Savior and my Heavenly Father has grown so much. I know He is mindful of me and being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints is the only true church. This is Jesus Christ's church restored on the earth today.  

In other news, we had zone conference. President Chambers talked about what the Savior has asked of us, "COME FOLLOW ME." What does that mean? "Come" meaning, sacrifice and obedient. "Follow" meaning, consecration and "me", the Savior. If we truly want to be effective missionaries and disciples of the Lord we NEED to sacrifice temporally things and live the higher law. Think about it, how many times do we say/hear, "oh I'm so busy, I can't...go to church, fulfill my church calling, read my scriptures, pray...etc. The Savior as invited us to come follow him. Eternal life is only granted to those that work for it. I invite all of us to consecrate ourselves to become more like the Savior. He's the perfect example and it's only with His help through the Atonement that we can be cleansed from our imperfections.

Sister Prenatt and I are doing well. Every day we continue to grow in unity.

Enjoy the rest of week! I love you all!

Sister Olszowka

P.S. look at this baby gnome! It's sooo small! haha! And here’s another puzzle that I helped Sister Jensen finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment