Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 52

Hey!

Glad to hear that everyone weathered the storm. I'm especially grateful that our tin roof made it! Mom, I was laughing when I read that dad put a cinder block on the roof and said to have faith. Definitely counting our blessings.

Another week has come and gone in the mission. Nothing new to report. We cover two apartment complexes so we've been walking around talking to EVERYONE. Yes, we talk to everyone, even if I've already met them. We've run into a lot of less active members. We've invited them to church and one woman said we could come back and have a family night with her family so we're looking forward to that this week. We continue to pray for an opportunity to find and teach an investigator. We did provide some service this past week for a few people. We loaded a dishwasher, cleaned some walls, mopped a floor and of course pulled weeds!

This week will be busy. Elder Don Clarke from the Seventy is coming to the mission on Thursday so we'll be in a conference all day. And then I have a leadership meeting on Friday and exchanges with a set of Sisters too.

Funny story. So Saturday morning I was eating my cereal and Sister Jensen was awake and bringing in the newspaper. Side note, as missionaries we don't read the newspaper because it's too worldly and we're focused on the gospel. So I never see it...Anyways...for some reason I looked over as she was flipping through the paper and I said "wait!!!" I saw a familiar face on the sports section. Lo and behold, it was one of my childhood friends, Michael Alisa! It was an article talking about how he's finishing his senior year as one of  BYU-Provo's linebacker. Small world huh? I thought it was cool:)

Lastly, here is my gospel message for the week. I read an article in this month's Ensign, entitled, Be Strong and of Good Courage. I invite you to read it.  President Harold B. Lee gave this advice to President Boyd K. Packer. He said, "the trouble with you is you want to see the end from the beginning....you must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you." I love this, it's so true. How often do we want to see the end from the beginning?! We must move forward in faith. Sometimes we want to understand in detail the things that Heavenly Father has planned for us, but that's not walking by faith. We don't need to understand all things. We just need to step forward as the Lord has asked us to do and he will help lead and guide us.

I love you all, have a blessed week!

Sister Olszowka

P.s. That's the Boelter's pet bunny. He's huge!



No comments:

Post a Comment