Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 61

Greetings from SANDY Young Single Adult Stake (YSA)!!!

Yes, transfers happened and I was transferred back to SANDY! Like any transfer, it's always a little bitter sweet to leave and move on, but I know I did my best and worked hard in South Jordan. I can definitely say with the Lord's help, I left the area better than it was before I got there. Sister Cook stayed in the area and I was a little worried about how she'd do, but I know she'll be okay. Our car that we used also was taken out of the area and another set of sisters use it in South Jordan.

My companion is Sister Aldridge from Missouri and she's been out 13 months. She came into the mission the transfer after me. She has worked in the area for 3 months so she is filling me in on things. Working with Sandy YSA is totally different than working in a homeward. We work with adults ages 18-30 yrs. and our area is pretty big, it's pretty much half of Sandy. There are two sets of missionaries in the YSA stake. Although we only cover five out of nine YSA wards, each ward is made up two family stakes. So with that said, I'm somewhat back in my first area! I past the streets I walked on for the first 6 months of my mission daily.

We work mostly off of referrals, so we're constantly asking people who they know who is a young single adult and would be interesting in hearing from the missionaries. Or there's a lot of activities that happen, such as Family Home Evening, institute class, ward prayer, volleyball, etc. that we invite people to. There's a lot of reactivation work too. Lots of young adults lose sight of the importance of the gospel. I can't tell you how many doors I've knocked on in just the last 5 days and the person we're looking for doesn't live there anymore or they say they're "too busy" to come to church.

Here's my gospel message of the week:



I love you all! Continue to pray unto the Lord for continuous guidance and strength

Sister Olszowka

Photos below:


 I love Melba! She's the sweet neighbor in South Jordan, we always did service for her.
 Cute harvest decorations
 Sunset in South Jordan
 Braden Dillon, little brother reports to the MTC this Wednesday! He's going to be an AWESOME missionary!
 Being funny!
Sister Aldridge and I

No comments:

Post a Comment