Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 63

Hi All!

Well another week has come and gone. A lot has happened! Like I mentioned we had zone conference this past week. Our musical number went great! There's a photo below of us.

I'm truly blessed to be serving under THE GREATEST Mission President, President Chambers. He is such an inspired man. He radiates the Spirit so strongly. He gave some really good training. In part of his training, he talked about David and Goliath. How David, an average boy, went to the brook and chose five smooth stones to take with him to fight Goliath. President Chambers has given us "five smooth stones" to help us as missionaries and individuals. These are the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission Core Beliefs.

1) I will learn, love live and teach the Doctrine of Christ. I am called to the work of harvest; bringing souls to Christ and to the blessings of the Atonement will be my passion

2) I will be a Preach My Gospel missionary and be exactly obedient to the Missionary Handbook

3) I will fear no man. As the Lord's Representative and in doing His work, I will boldly go forth and open my mouth to share the gospel with everyone

4) I will strive daily through scripture study, prayer and personal righteousness for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. I will courageously follow His direction

5) I will let the Sacrament change me each week as I use it to access the Atonement and to renew my covenants with the Lord.

I love all of these. This is who I am as a missionary, but also this is who I am trying to become personally. I read these every morning and reflect upon myself. Asking myself, how can I become a better disciple of the Savior? I know it's through my words and actions. I testify that as I live the Gospel of Jesus Christ I feel feelings of comfort, peace and happiness. I'm so happy to be on a mission. Yes, it's hard at times, people can be pretty mean, but I can't dwell on that, we're all brothers and sisters and we need to show increased love and kindness. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect and it's our job to be obedient to receive all the blessing He has in store for us.

In other news, we picked up two new investigators this past week. Also another young man we're teaching accepted to be baptized November 22nd! Our investigator from Holland will be baptized this coming weekend so we're looking forward to that. He's excited and ready. Stake conference is this coming weekend too and we'll hear from Elder Christoffel Golden of the seventy.

We're carving pumpkins today, so look out for more pictures next week. We stopped by a wonderful family that I knew in South Jordan and they donated ALL the pumpkins for the zone activity today.

Okay family, I love you lots!

Sister Olszowka

Musical Group

Every time this Elder sees me, he's says "ALOOOHA!!!" haha! This is Elder De Mata, I laugh at this picture every time. haha! He actually was sent home on medical release, this past week. he fell off his bike and now needs surgery, ouch!

Assistant to the President (AP) Elder Maestas, he asked to get a picture of us throwing up the shaka :)

Pretty roses

More Fall Colors

Pumpkin Patch



No comments:

Post a Comment