Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 75

Hello! Hello! :)

My heart is just so full of gratitude. So full I tell you. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the Savior. I have truly felt the prompting of the Spirit. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to see people change. Gosh, I am just so happy!

This week as been such a busy week! Seriously, I don't think I've ever worked so hard, but I've LOVED it! I think I mentioned to someone the other day, I miss school and the pressure of getting things done. Haha! Anyways! But yes! We’ve been busy! We have three investigators progressing toward baptismal dates. One for Feb. 6th and two on Feb. 7th. They are doing GREAT! We’re taking them to Temple Square in the coming weeks. They all came to church and really enjoyed it. We're just so happy and excited for them.

Lately in my emails I've talked a lot about baptism. In in Bible, in the book of John, we read, "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5) We need to be baptized and we need to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost sanctifies us, purifies us. Baptism by immersion in water by one having authority is the first saving ordinance of the gospel and is necessary for an individual to receive eternal salvation. All who seek eternal life must follow the example of the Savior by being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. Baptism is a rebirth. When we're baptized we're making covenants (a sacred agreement between God and us) to take upon us the name of Jesus Christ, always remember Him, and keep His commandments. We're promised His Spirit. The investigators we're working with have a strong desire to do what the Lord has commanded. They're ready to make changes in their lives. It’s so wonderful to see and help them change by teaching them restored truths, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Here's a wonderful read, "The Covenant of Baptism: To be in the Kingdom and of the Kingdom"  by Elder Hales.

I have a strong testimony of this gospel. It's true. If you're curious, pick up a copy of Book of Mormon, say a prayer and start reading! Then pray and ask God if the book is true, He'll ask you through the Spirit. I can promise you that.

I love you all!

Sister Olszowka

P.S. Pictures from last Monday. A member drove us up to Snowbird, the ski resort, it's nearby our place! It was really snowy and we saw 7 cars stuck in the ditch on the way down from the canyon, yikes! Good thing we weren't driving! Hehe!









No comments:

Post a Comment