Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 73

Happy NEW YEAR! WOOT WOOT! 2015!

2014 had many highs and a few lows but I'm so excited for this year!

Can you believe it?! This year is going to be full of AMAZING things! Miracles happening left and right! Missionary work is in full force! This is Christ's Church and this Gospel is TRUE. We had a MISSION fast, YES all 230 missionaries fasting and praying this past Sunday. Sister Dean and I truly saw the hand of the Lord throughout the day. The fast has a twofold purpose 1) we'd know our purpose here in the Salt Lake City South Mission and 2) Every companionship will baptize this transfer. This past week we picked up two new investigators. They have accepted baptismal dates and we're helping them progress. Then a sister approached us at church and said she's been coming to church for more than a month and has been reading the Book of Mormon and would like to take the missionary lessons. MIRACLES! We have an appointment set up for Thursday. Heavenly Father is preparing His children to receive the Gospel. It's so true! I'm so grateful to be serving my brothers and sisters.

New Year's Eve was pretty quiet, we had a meeting with the zone. We made it fun with our hats and noise makers. Haha! We also had a meeting with the leadership council on Tuesday, good things were discussed. It's hard to believe that I have just a few more short weeks. I will definitely miss the interactions with President and Sister Chambers and the other leadership. The things I've learned on my mission will forever stay with me.

One of the Sisters had an appointment in downtown Salt Lake this past week and I was asked to accompany her. We took Trax into the city and we started to talk to this woman who was visiting from Australia. She wasn't a member but she was headed to Temple Square. We actually got off at the same stop and were able to lead and direct her to the Temple Square Sisters. It was awesome missionary opportunity! The SPIRIT is so strong on Temple Square, I love it!

In my studies, President Chambers gave the mission leadership council a booklet entitled "The Pattern of Leadership" which encompasses talks from the Apostles and Prophets and scriptures. I've been studying from this the last few days as well as reading from the Book of Mormon. It's so wonderful to have chosen servants of God lead us and guide us.

Here's a quote that I enjoyed! 

        "The gospel teaches us to be happy, to have faith rather than fear, to find hope and overcome despair, to leave darkness and turn toward the light of the everlasting gospel."

    —Boyd K. Packer

I love you all! Have a blessed week!

Sister Olszowka



No comments:

Post a Comment