Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 6

Family and Friends!

It's been a really GOOD week here in Sandy east! I got my bike and wahoo! It's been nice! However my companion's bike doesn't have gears so we only ride our bikes in the morning up and down the street for exercise. haha! It's getting really COLD! It's time for me to bring out the winter clothes. Especially in the mornings and evenings.

The Lord has blessed us and we are so thankful for the experiences we've had. In regards to missionary work, our 88 year old investigator has committed to a baptismal date! November 2! It's such a blessing to see this man grow. He's encountered MANY sets of missionaries over the years and his wife is even a member but less active. However over the last few weeks they both have been progressing tremendously. He knows that the Book of Mormon is true and he wants to live with family forever. We know we can receive blessings when we choose to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the proper Priesthood authority of God.

Also, last Monday we were checking up on a potential investigator and he said he wasn't interested so as we were leaving about the cross the main road, a black car slowed down. It was dark and the car turned around, rolled down the window and said "hi sisters! I have someone you can teach!" So we've met with his young man, he's 26, from Brazil twice this week! He has a strong desire to become a member of the church but he's scared for how drastic this change will be. So we're teaching him and he's progressing.

Heavenly Father has prepared people to receive our messages. We've been struggling the last 6 weeks but things are looking up. The ward missionary leader from one of the wards called us last night and said they have a young boy (10 years) who is wanting to be baptized. We're going to check in on him tonight.

Transfer are tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll still be here, but my companion will be leaving and I'll most likely be training a new missionary! Crazy! tomorrow marks 7 weeks I've been here in the field. Every day is a struggle and blessing. I continue to pray for strength, understanding and patience. I have a testimony of prayer. Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I invite you to continue to pray to our Father in Heaven. Brothers and Sisters, I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been Restored on the earth today. I love the Book of Mormon. It truly is another testament of Jesus Christ.I have faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement and through him he's made it possible to live with our Father and our families again.

I love you all. Have a good week!

LOVE,

Sister Olszowka

P.S
 This past week was the rivalry game. You could tell some houses were divided. (see pictures below)
Our investigator and his wife. We love them sooo much.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment