Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 17

AHHH SNOW!!!!

Oh my goodness. Snow. oh how I don't enjoy this bitter coldness. So it dumped snow this week!!! I opened the blinds on Tuesday and thought "YAY! it's snowing!!! It's so nice" Then when we went outside I was said "oh no, I can't handle this stuff!!!" It's seriously soooo cold. It got down to 7 degrees! I can't feel my hands and my feet, I even wear double socks!!  Luckily we had the car this week, but still walking from door to door we were frozen. I don't know how people can live in this. Also it doesn't go away! It's gonna be around until May! Please excuse my rant about the snow/coldness, but you have to understand I'm a topical girl, I like it warm and sunny. I mean Washington was cold and rainy, but this is WAY WORSE!  I've officially decided that I will NEVER live somewhere where it snows. Oh and driving in the snow is not the business! They grounded the cars on Tuesday because it was really bad. But not to worry, I'm learning how to drive in this.

In other news, Angel, who was scheduled to be baptized on Saturday got cold feet and told us he didn't want to be baptized anymore. We tried to resolve his concerns, but we all have agency. Please keep him in your prayers. Nola told us she'd come to church, but she ended up not coming, we're planning to see her this evening so see what's up. We're teaching a new investigator, Michelle. She's from South Africa and knows the church is true. She's read the Book of Mormon and has a strong testimony of it, and her baptism is scheduled for December 28th. We're also working with a cute Thai lady, her name is Pien. Brah! she's sooo funny!!! See attached photo below. She's lived in Utah for 17 years and is a widow. We're hoping to have her baptism on the 28th as well.

We attended 3 out of the 4 ward parties this weekend. We delivered invitations to many less active members, but none came! So that was a bummer, but we're not giving up! We helped serve the food. Funny story: So we were helping in the kitchen and one lady picked up the container of gravy and BOOM! It fell and I turned around and she had gravy in her hair and on her face!!! I know this sounds a little mean to laugh at, but it was funny don't you think? haha! No worries, I helped clean the gravy out of her hair.

We shoveled a few driveways this past week too, and man! That was tough work! It was really icy! I needed an ice pick! We did the best we could. I REALLY couldn't feel my fingers after that. burrrrr.

We were able to watch the Christmas Devotional last night which was enjoyable and uplifting. :)

Enjoy the photos of this past week!! Lots of snow and more to come huh? ugh. A few photos of Festival of Trees. There was a Ninja Turtle tree and a Girl Scout Cookie tree. Lots of fun, cute trees donated. The Sisters volunteered to help.

Love,
Sister Olszowka

P.S. Utah people are BIG on hot chocolate. Seriously. It's called Stephen Hot Chocolate. At first I was like, "why does everyone invite us in for hot chocolate?" But now that it's cold outside, I appreciate the gesture.










No comments:

Post a Comment