Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 25

Greetings from SOUTH JORDAN!!!!

Transfer calls came in on Tuesday and I was transferred to South Jordan on Wednesday. Wow. There are so many things that have happened within the last week. Where to start....

I hit my 6 month mark on January 31st! Crazy that I'm a 1/3 of the way done with my mission. My testimony continues to grow each day. I love my Savior and I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life. I invite all of you to pray, read the Book of Mormon and attend church. :)

On Tuesday Sister Paredes and I celebrated the end of her training and her membership (9 years) with ice cream cones. We also went around saying goodbyes and collecting photos and address. I felt a little anxious about the change. It's like starting the mission all over again. Seriously. I cried a little. I was sad to leave all the WONDERFUL, AMAZING people in Sandy, but looked forward to the new experience in South Jordan.  

My companion is Sister Dean, she just finished training. She's from Hesperia, Southern California. She's been out 3 months and is 26. We cover a whole stake, 11 wards and 2 branches. It's a WALKING area. Actually we share a car with the other sister in the neighboring stake every other week, but this week we walked. It's SUPER windy over here too. I thought it was cold in Sandy, its colder here! burrr.

We live in a really nice SPACIOUS place! It's still a basement of a member's home but we lived in a gated community right next to the Jordan River Temple! I see the temple all the time, its sooo beautiful. Our place even has a treadmill that we can use. I'm very thankful for the generosity of the landlords. However, the previous sisters (back in the summer) didn't get along with the landlords' very well and they lost the privilege of using the laundry room. So a sweet sister picks up our laundry and does it! I was shocked!!!! I'm not sure if there is a laundry mat around here, but I'll be looking for one. That's crazy that someone else does our laundry when we're capable of doing it ourselves. aiya.

This area has potential so we're working hard to recommit people to baptism. Sister Dean was informed that "we don't knock on doors we don't know." what the heck?!?! We knock on ALL doors! So we're meeting lots of people now. We had a lesson with a young 11 year old girl, her mom and siblings. Her baptism is scheduled for Feb. 22nd. Come to find out, she moved from Sandy and attends the elementary school that was in my last area. I know a lot of her friends from school and their old neighbors!

Hmmm other news....Guess who's in my zone?! Sister Swain AND my MTC companion, Sister Williams! Happy to see them. Sister Swain is the Sister Training Leader so we'll most likely go on exchanges sometime within the transfer.

Well I'll end here. Mahalo for all the prayers and support. I miss you all.

Love,
Sister Olszowka

Pictures



1. Me being a fatty! Eating our ice cream cone! haha!!
2. Brother Birch! Gonna miss him lots!
3. Sister Hoole, great member!
4. Nola and Boone
5. The Morgans! I love them! I'm coming back to chill at their cabin.
6. The Yates! Morgan just got her call to Guatemala.
7. Sister Dean and I
8. Sister Swain!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment