Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week 28

It's getting warmer! YAY!!!

Not the greatest week. Sister Dean and I were both SICK. Sister Dean has a pinched nerve, not sure how that happened and I had a sore throat and running nose. Sister Dean had to see the Mission Doctor and he prescribed her some strong steroid meds which made her a little crazy. I just drank plenty of liquids and cough drops. It's been No fun, but we're feeling better and hope to be back into the swing of things this week.

Other than being sick, I was able to go back to Sandy on Saturday for TWO baptisms! Michelle was baptized in the morning and Mallory (pictured below) was baptized in the evening. It was great seeing them enter to the waters of baptism. This is a new beginning for them and I know Heavenly Father will bless them for their obedience and faithfulness.

That's something I want to talk about...Faith. The talks in church were about faith and I've been studying faith lately. "Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." Alma 32:21. I have faith in my Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I know of the plan and exercise my faith daily. How do we obtain faith? Look up Mosiah 4:6-12. This is one of my favorites...Faith is a combination of believing and acting. We can't comprehend everything, but the Lord can. We must trust Him. We must endure and believe and live the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love this quote:

"If our lives are our faith are centered in Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong." - President Howard W. Hunter

Love you all. Have a wonderful week. You're never far from my thoughts.

Love,
Sister Olszowka




No comments:

Post a Comment