Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 26

Another week here in South Jordan!

We had the car this week so we were able to make many visits. There's a lot of new houses being developed in the area. As a result of our door knocking, we gave out a few Books of Mormon and have a few return appointments set up for this week. One of the doors we knocked on the man was from Seattle and really nice. He said he was catholic but accepted a Book of Mormon. He also asked if were like nuns. lol.

We're currently working with Alaska, she's 11. I can't remember if I told you this already.. Anyways, her baptism is schedule for the Feb. 22nd. We spoke in two sacrament meetings this past Sunday and then attended two sacrament meetings after that. Sebastian, he's from American Samoa, received a priesthood blessing to help him overcome smoking. He's been investigating the Church for a while now, he has a son serving a mission. We continue to pray for him.

We knocked on the wrong door, but come to find out she's the Relief Society President in one of the wards we cover. She told me her mother who's from California but now lives in Salt Lake knew of some Olszowka's. She said her mother's friend is a woman named Estherella. I told her that's my grandma!!! Small world huh? I'm always making connections.

Ohh! So I'm a BIG fan of Apolo Ohno, you know the Olympic speed skater?! Anyways, we were eating dinner the other night with the Wardle's and they said that Apolo lives next door! I about died! haha! So yup, the picture below is of me in front of his home! Well one of his homes. I know he's in Sochi right now, but when he gets back I'm definitely gonna knock on his door. haha! You can see the Jordan River Temple from his door step! oh yup! :)

Zone Conference is tomorrow and our zone is singing. Hmm. Other than that I hope all of you are enjoying the week. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to serve my Father. I am truly blessed with so many loved ones in my life.

I just send my CONGRATULATIONS to my sweet sister Sia for having her beautiful baby girl, Olivia. And CONGRATS to Danica! I can't wait to meet baby BOY!!! :)

Love You All!

Sister Olszowka





No comments:

Post a Comment