Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 30

We had TWO miracles happen this week!!!

We've been trying to contact this one house. We've met the woman twice, we gave her a Book of Mormon and said we'd come back to follow up on her reading. Well the third time we stopped by her son said she wasn't home so come back on Monday. Well after dinner, I had a strong feeling from the Spirit to go that house NOW! So we did and when we got there her other son was walking out the door, he said his mom wasn't mom but we started to talk to him. His name is Angel, he's 20 and he said he had lots of Member friends and after teaching some restored truths on his doorstep we invited him to be baptized and he said yeah! Talk about a miracle. We set up an appointment for tonight and invited him to church on Saturday and said he'd come but he didn't. Small set back but we continue to work with him and potentially his whole family.

Wednesday we went to a social at the church building and one Sister approached us and said her son just turned 9 and he was planning to be baptized at the end of the month. However if you're older than 8 you need to be taught by the missionaries. So we had a lesson this past week and he will be baptized on March 29th. He's such an awesome kid. He's the grandson of one of the Bishop's in the area.

Miracles left and right I tell you. I'm so thankful to be a part of this great work. Heavenly Father will bless us for our diligent in bringing others unto Christ.

We had exchanges as well this week, and guess who came to my area?! SISTER SWAIN! Man, we had a lot of fun together. I hope we're companions at some point in the mission. We worked hard that day and night but it was soooo nice to be with another local girl!

There's a care facility in our area and apparently an elderly gentleman who has Alzheimer’s went missing on Saturday. Yes, they called and visited every home in the neighborhood and asked people to check their sheds and places where he could have gone to find shelter. They were still looking for him Sunday morning. Thankfully he was found in Sandy. They don't know if he walked or what but thank goodness he's alive.

Alright family, I love you lots!!! Until next week.

Sister Olszowka

No comments:

Post a Comment