Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week 33

"Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions."
How true is this quote? :)

In a talk entitled Desire by Elder Dallin H. Oaks talks about "to achieve our eternal destiny, we will desire and work for the qualities required to become an eternal being."  It was really eye opening. I encourage you all to read it.  (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/desire?lang=eng)

This week went by really fast! We Went on exchanges with Sister Meyers and Moberg. I went to West Jordan with Sister Meyers, she's from Oregon and has been out 2 months. We worked really hard that day and had 8 lessons with less active members. We walked and it had been raining so I had some pretty bad blisters by the time I got back to South Jordan.

We had a mission conference with all 256 missionaries. It was really awesome! I saw some of the missionaries from my MTC district which I haven't seen at all since coming out to the field. Then of course I saw Sister Monarrez and Sister Paredes who were previous companions. Anyways, this one man came and talked about how he climbed Mt. Everest! What I took away from the conference was to set goals and achieve them.

Other than that, Sister Swain and I are doing good. A little bit of a set back with our investigators, but we continue to pray for them. We're still hoping to go to General Conference this week with our investigator Mitch and his girlfriend.

Funny story. Last week on our P-day, is was super sunny but still somewhat windy. But Sister Swain and I wanted to lay out in the sunshine. So we were laying in the backyard and Sister Jensen, our elderly Landlady's cat, Raja came and joined us. I feel bad for him, he's super old and doesn't get much attention. poor guy. So I let him chill with us, even though I don't like cats much.

I'd just like to close with another excerpt from Elder Oaks talk..." I hope each of us will search our hearts to determine what we really desire and how we rank our most important desires."

Love you!
Sister Olszowka

P.S. The picture of me holding my hands in an 8, sister swain is holding 10 and the last Elder is holding 11, we're all from Kamehameha. Holding our graduating years...here's a better photos of us...me , Sister Swain and Elder Clark (his mission is pau in April)







No comments:

Post a Comment