Thursday, June 12, 2014

Week 43

Hi Family,
 
It's been a little bit of an emotional week. I received a call on Tuesday that Brother Birch (the 89 year old man I taught in Sandy) he's wife, Beverley Birch, passed away. It came as a shock. I asked President Chambers if I could attend her funeral, but he suggested I not attend but visit Brother Birch at his home sometime this week.  It gives me much comfort to know that Sister Birch is now resting free from all of her pain. She was such a sweet woman. Her daughter, Wendy, sent me a sweet note saying that her mom told her that I was the one who influenced her the most. and man, that just touched me. The Lord is so mindful of His children. I recognize I'm just an instrument in the Lord's hand and I'm here to serve others.

Transfers happen this week, and Sister Swain and I both stayed in our area. Sister Swain thought she'd be transferred, but we're together for another six weeks for sure. So from the photo below that my old district. My new district leader is from Kahuku, Elder Medeiros. yeah, three Hawaiians all in the same district.

There's a family in our area that recently moved into our area, and they're from La'ie. The Uyehara family. We attended their son's baptism. They had a 'ono kine grindz BBQ after with all their local friends, who all lived La'ie too. Dad, PLENTY people know you! Mom, the grandpa of this little boy used to be your boss! small world. See photo below.

Hey! There's a awesome talk given by Elder Bednar, title "In the Strength of the Lord" that I read this morning and I suggest you read it. It's a little long, but really awesome. Talking about the gospel of the Savior is not simply about avoiding bad in our lives; it also is essentially about doing and becoming good. The Atonement provides help for us to overcome and avoid bad and to do and become good.

Thank you for your prayers and love.

Love,
Sister Olszowka

p.s. one woman gives us chocolate milk every time we visit. haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment