Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 58

Hi family and friends!

A miracle happened this morning! A sister in one of the wards we cover called us and said she has a daughter that hasn't been baptized and would like us to start teaching her. We're exciting for this teaching opportunity. We express our gratitude to our Heavenly Father for answering our prayers and fast.

In other news, someone hit our car last week in a parking lot. I forgot to tell ya. No sorry note or anything. Sad day. See photo below. I had to take it to sandy to get it estimated, and the guy said, "hey you look familiar." I told him I was there last December. Remember when the elderly woman backed into our parked car? Yeah, the mission told me to take it to the same place to be looked at. Anyways, we're safe, but Nalu (car's name) has a sad looking dent on the rear bumper.

In my studies, I've been studying the topic of sacrifice. Sacrifice means giving to the Lord whatever he requires of our time, our earthly possessions, and our energies to further his work. I mentioned this scripture a few weeks ago, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness." (Matt 6:33) Our willingness to sacrifice is an indication of our devotion to God. Only through sacrifice can we become worthy to live in the presence of God. Only through sacrifice can we enjoy eternal life.

Some have asked, "why are you serving a mission?" Simple. I love the Savior and my Heavenly Father. The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me so much happiness and peace and I want to share that with others. I know Jesus Christ lives; He is my Savior and Redeemer. I am willing to sacrifice my time, my energy, my career to serve my Father in Heaven. My purpose has a missionary is to invite others come unto Christ by helping them received the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. Jesus Christ atone for all of mankind. I know by following in His footsteps, we'll be able to return to live in God's presence.

So I'd like to ask, what are you willing to sacrifice to follow the Savior and Heavenly Father?

Have a blessed week!

Love,

Sister Olszowka

P.S.  Flower is Jasmine (pikake) from someone's yard. It reminded me of home sooo much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment