Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 64

Happy November!

Can you believe it?! It's November! The leaves are falling and the mountains got their first snow this past weekend. Yikes! It's getting way too cold for my liking. I sleep with 3 blankets, warm socks, a cozy jacket and a blanket over my head! Haha! I don't like being cold.

This week went by pretty fast. Halloween evening we had a zone meeting. All the missionaries were off the streets. We split off into Districts and my current district is pretty great! Sister Aldridge and I are the only Sisters in our district, but we have the Assistants to the President and the Zone Leaders in our district. They're pretty fun and funny to be around. We talked about our investigators and how we can help them progress toward baptism.

We did carve pumpkins last Monday and I carved Hello Kitty, it came out okay. We had a lot of fun! For some reason my camera deleted the other pictures I had of the zone.

This was also stake conference this weekend. Elder Golden and Elder Bourne came. It was a really awesome meeting. Elder Golden spoke about the receiving of the gift of the Holy Ghost. How we need the Holy Ghost and how it sanctifies us. We need to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost in order to enter into the Kingdom of God. John 3:5 says: "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man beborn of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." The Holy Ghost, teaches us, comforts us, testifies of truth to us.

Our investigator, Jonathan was baptized and confirmed on Saturday. The Spirit was so strong and he was so excited and ready. We received permission to Skype his family in Holland to watch the service. Jonathan is going to do great things in the church. Sister Swain was also able to come to the service as well, and no we didn't coordinate our outfits. Haha!

That's all the time I have for today, but I love you all!

Mom, just a 101 more days! :)

Love,

Sister Olszowka

*Note From Poster: Unfortunately some of the pictures are blurry, time for a new Camera! 






No comments:

Post a Comment