Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 65

Hello!

Well this was a pretty tough week. I got sick. Yes, I know, I never get sick, but I got a small cold and thankful I kicked it before it got too bad. Thank goodness for a wonderful sister that brought over 2 cartons of orange juice and airborne. I down that stuff like no tomorrow, my throat was sore and I was losing my voice, but I'm feeling much better now.

We had exchanges with Sister Willam and Sister Mobley this past week as well. I went to Sister Willam's area. I was the Sister Training Leader of these sisters before and they're hard workers. We mostly tracted with not much success, but we did receive a referral for the YSA Elders. They're in a walking area so my feet were really sore at the end of the day.

In order news, we transitioned our investigator whose baptism is schedule for November 22nd to the Central missionaries. He lives out of the mission boundaries so we needed transition him to the Elders in his area. I was pretty sad, but this young man is great! He's converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ and is ready to be baptized. We'll hopefully receive permission to go to the other mission for his baptism.

Lots of change is happening in the YSA stake. Like I mentioned last week, there's a new Stake Presidency, a ward was dissolved and two wards were combined. We attended the ward that was recently combined and they announced the ward has a new name, previously known as Sandy Heights ward is now the High Point ward. We're hoping to start teaching a new investigator; she's feeding us dinner tonight. She's really nice and all of her extended family are members. She's from Montana.

My gospel nugget of the week is about obedience. Heavenly Father has given us commandments for our benefit. We show our love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as we obey. Like the scriptures says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15. I invite you to read this article, Faith Obedience. May we all strive to be more obedient. I know that as we are, we will be blessed.

Love you all!

Sister Olszowka

P.S. The landlady made Sister Willam and I virgin Pina Coladas for breakfast haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment