Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 66

BURRRR! It's so cold outside!

Winter is here and I'm not a huge fan of the cold. I woke up Wednesday morning to snow falling and sticking. eek!

This week has gone by fast! Hmm...what happen this past week?....we got a flat tire on Saturday. We're not sure how it happened. Sister Aldridge was driving. Luckily we had just pulled into our driveway for lunch and man! That tire deflated FAST! We called the Elders and they came and changed it for us. We took the flat in to get it fixed and thankfully they were able to get us and help us out. We're emailing at the library today and I forgot my camera at home. dang it! I think this is the first time I won't be sending pictures. sorry! Look forward to them next week!

Transfers are this coming week. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying in the area. Sister Aldridge has been here 4 1/2 months, but it's all in the Lord's hands and I'll go where He needs me. I enjoy working with the young adults, they're great! Did I mention we're looking for a new place to live? Well, we are and hopefully something will come about soon.

So we're teaching a new investigator, the one from Montana. We met with her twice last week and she wasn't able to make it to church, but she's interesting in learning more and is reading the Book of Mormon. She even had us over for dinner on Tuesday and sent us home with leftover chicken pot pie, it's was good! She hasn't grown up with much religion, but she's seeking truth. We were able to meet with our other investigator, she's experiencing a lot of family opposition, but she's moving into her own place soon so that will be better for her.

My time is short, as always, but here's the gospel nugget of the week:

  
I read the Book of Mormon daily. I love the Book of Mormon. The Bible and the Book of Mormon support each other. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ and His Atonement and the Bible accounts of His birth, ministry, death, Atonement and resurrection. They teach the same principles. Every time I read, I have feelings of peace, comfort and direction. The Spirit testifies the things I read and learn are true. If you're looking for direction in life, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon. This book changed my life and I know it can change the lives of others. Like President Eyring said, "The Book of Mormon is the best guide to learn how to well we are doing and how to do better."

That's all I have for this week. I love you all!

Sister Olszowka

No comments:

Post a Comment