Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Week 71

Merry Christmas!

Transfer calls came in on Tuesday and Sister Dean and I are STAYING together here in the Sandy YSA Stake. This is my last transfer of my mission. It's so crazy! Only 7 weeks left. I've been having lots of mixed feelings about leaving and what I'll do after, but I know the Lord will provide a way; I just need to stay focused on missionary work.

Our district didn't change much either, which is great because I LOVE our district. We brought and shared a HUGE subway sandwich (we got it for free!) with our district at our last district meeting transfer. Also someone was throwing away old trophies so we got two and presented them to the Zone Leaders and District Leader, it was pretty funny! I had a feeling that we'd both stay and we're grateful! Lots of exciting things are happening. We hosted our fireside last night and it was a full house. We had a violin duet, O Holy Night, which was just beautiful. The messages that were shared were very spiritual and we all left uplifted. Jesus Christ is truly the reason for the season. May we all remember Him and what a blessing and gift He is to us. Our Stake President spoke as well at our fireside, he is AWESOME! We're having brunch at his home on Christmas.

Our investigator is so excited to be baptized on Christmas. She came to church and to our fireside. We had a lesson at the baptismal font this morning. She stood in the font and we explained what would happen, she's ready and we're so excited for her and her decision to follow the Savior. We've been teaching her all week and to be honest, the best times on the mission is when you're teaching others about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I find so much joy and happiness as I teach about my Savior, Jesus Christ.

The weather has been pretty raining, I think it's trying snow, but that hasn't been very successful yet. Haha. I've been seeing LOTS of deer lately, even in our yard! I've had to dodge lots of deer poop in order to get to our car.

As always, I'm running out of time, but in closing, I want to leave you with this quote from Elder Oaks,



I am so grateful for the gospel. I am so, so blessed. I feel the love of my Father and Savior every single day. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission and be a servant of the Lord. This gospel is true.

I love you all.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Love,
Sister Olszowka







No comments:

Post a Comment